Obtaining a Residence Permit in Turkey
Beyond being an accounting company in Istanbul, Turkey we offer specific solutions to foreigner wanting to start business in Turkey. One of the main necessities for foreign companie is to obtain a residence permit. Beside company formation, we offer residence permit service to our clients when setting up their business in İstanbul or throughout Turkey.
For long –term residency in Turkey,the applicant should submit the following documents to the immigration centre which the appoinment was taken while attending the appoinment:
Residence Permit Application Form
.Passport or original and photocopy of passport substitute document
.Four (4) pcs photos
.Declaration which states that financial capacity is to be provided sufficiently and regularly throughout the stay.
.Valid health insurance (insurance period must cover the intended residence permit duration.One of the folllowing doucment is considered as sufficient):
· E-signed/signed and stamped /sealed document to be obtained from provincial social security units which states that the foreigner is benefiting from the health services in Turkey within the scope of bilateral social security agreements.
· E-signed /signed ans stamped/sealed provision document received from Social Security institution (provision douments to be received from Social Security institution must be in such manner that they must be both supportive and cover family members in family residence permits.)
· E-signed / signed and stamped/sealed document of the application made to Social Security institution to become a general health insurance holder.
· Private health insurance (The policy must have the expression of ‘’This policy covers the minimum coverage stipulated in the circular no 9,dated 06/06/2014,on private health insurance required to be taken out for residence permit applications.’’ Please present signed and stamped /sealed original of your insurance policy during application. For extension applications,attach only approved (sealed,signed) copy of your policy into your application file.)
If you are staying in a rental house with a rental agreement ,attach a notary public approved copy of your rental agreement to the application documents.
If you are staying at the places like hotel,motel ,attach the documents showing your stay in the places to the application documents.
Documents required to apply for a residence permit for work purposes:
• 4 passport-size photos
• Photocopies of the following pages of the passport: the page bearing the applicant’s photo, the page stamped at the last entry, the page indicating the validity and expiry dates of the passport
• The original and a copy of the work permit issued by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security
Advantages of obtaining Work Permit and Residence Permit for Foreign Employess
It is not a new practice to obtain work permit and residence permit for maids, servants, caregivers, nursemaids and nurses.
It is a legal obligation for employers to apply for work permit to Ministry of Labour and Social Security for the foreigners to be employed for home services. The legal applications must be made personally and the foreign employees must have social security.
It also creates extra advantages for the employer:
- The foreigner has extra trust in the employer and therefore do not look for short term work or new jobs. So the family does not lose the personnel they got used to.
- The employer does not have to wait for the negative or positive adaptation process of the new employee. They do not have to wait for a long time to look for a new employee.
- The foreign personnel works more seriously since she/he is aware of the advantages to have when he/she gets independent work permit in the case of working continuously in Turkey with work permit.
- If the foreign personnel gets hurt or injured, or dies, the employer does not have material and moral risks since he/she is working within social security. Also the employee will be aware of the fact that he/she can get retired due to disability in such a case or get retired anyway when the retiring age has come, which causes increase in work motivation.
- If the illegal worker is caught, the employer has to pay a fine of 5000 USD in average.
- If the foreign personnel has residence permit, he/she can make use of his/her leave days freely
- The foreign personnel has work discipline and consistence if his/her life and future is guaranteed by Republic of Turkey.
- She/he does not have to go abroad when the touristic visa has ended, so they do not have to pay for transport, accommodation and fees, they also avoid from stress.
- Since determination of the past and criminal record of the foreign employee will be made by Security and MIT, so the family will be secured. Also their real identity cards will be recorded.
- Foreigner has the right to buy a Taxfreecar or drive his/her own car without paying tax in Turkey.
- Foreigner will work more seriously when she/he knows that if he/she acts against labour contract, he/she will lose his/her job and his/her work and residence permits will be cancelled within 15 days.
- The family of the foreigner can also get residence permit easily, so they do not feel homesick, which increases work motivation.
If you would like to get information about Work Permit and citizenship in Turkey, click here.
Check out our another website to get more information.